Technical Service Employee
Are you the handiest at home? Are you called on by family and friends when technical jobs need to be done? Or are you someone with years of experience in construction? Then we are looking for you! Hotel Not Hotel is looking for a handyman/woman for both hotels in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
Who are we?
Hotel Not Hotel has been a unique appearance in the market from the beginning on, due to its quirky concept and collaboration with various artists and designers. As the name suggests, Hotel Not Hotel is more than just an overnight stay. Forget anonymous hotel corridors and room numbers; we do everything differently to give our guests a unique experience.
Spread across different locations in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, you’ll find rooms in the most unique places. As an example, you can sleep in a restored Tram Cart, which was still running in Amsterdam in the 60s, or search for your room door in our Secret Bookcases. Could it get any crazier? Sure, you can sleep in a Vertical Swimming Pool or a Volkswagen Van, which was sourced all the way from Brazil.
In addition to the unique hotel concept, you’ll find exciting Food and Beverage options at both hotels. “Kevin Bacon,” our Thai restaurant known for its delicious curries and cocktails, has become the star of Amsterdam West. With the same passion and drive, “Jesús Malverde” is making inroads as the hotspot of Rotterdam. With his ambition, tacos, and dangerous Margaritas, he conquers the hearts of our guests and locals from the neighborhood.
What does your working day look like?
As a Technical Service Employee, you will be responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs at both hotels in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. You are okay with traveling back and forth between both locations. A day in your job is always different. One day you are in Rotterdam to do the annual maintenance, but the next day you are in Amsterdam because a door needs to close correctly. Of course, you can solve this quickly and efficiently so our guests can enjoy themselves again. You are also responsible for contact with external parties working for HNH. You coordinate their work and, together with you, ensure that the hotel is always up and running. In short, a versatile and dynamic position at a unique hotel concept!
What are we looking for?
- You have relevant work experience;
- You are flexibly available for +/- three days per week;
- You have humor, boundless energy, and can work independently;
- You are a star at communicating and can finish work perfectly;
- You have an eye for detail and are always looking to improve things;
- You speak English fluently and preferably Dutch.
What can you expect from us?
- A challenging position at a unique and memorable hotel concept;
- Much freedom in your position and the opportunity to shape the position yourself;
- A creative environment with young, friendly, and motivated colleagues;
- Not to mention the most fun staff outings on Amsterdam’s canals with all colleagues from the Hotel Not Hotel group!
Want to be part of this?
Have you become enthusiastic after reading about this vacancy? Then apply quickly by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have any questions about the vacancy first? Then please get in touch with Mike van Beek, HR Manager, via 020 820 4538 or email@example.com.
"*" geeft vereiste velden aan